Wednesday, January 5, 2011

cuz waking up is hard to do...

they say that waking up is hard to do, not anymore. not for me! the non-hungover people of america don't seem to appreciate how wonderful it is to wake up headache and thirst free. oh but i do, now.

one of the first things i noticed about being ten days sober is how easily i get up in the mornings; no dizziness, no wooziness, no mad dash for the kitchen stumbling and crashing into most anything on my way to any liquid i can find. and apparently i wake up in a better mood too, but that's just hearsay. when i open my eyes the sun is shining, the birds are singing, chipmunks are setting out my clothes for the day (don't i wish!) and boy i just can't wait to get to work! ok, who am i kidding, i can wait to get to work, being sober doesn't change the fact that i'd still rather get paid to lay in bed and watch tv a couple more hours, then maybe stroll over to the kitchen to make some fabulous breakfast and spend my day lounging; but it does change how quickly i get up and on with my day.

now, back when i enjoyed drinking i didn't drink EVERY single day, but there were definitely lasting hangovers, the lingering headaches and sense of 'dryness' didn't ever go away right away, probably because there was always a constant trace of alcohol in my blood stream. lately i've noticed that i don't have lingering headaches that last for days and i can only assume that it has something to do with drinking less toxicity and more purity.

my mood? yeah, people say it's better. i don't think it has anything to do with this sobriety thing, but it might, i'll just have to take notice and keep you all updated!

and me? i'm just happy that i've had two and a half weeks worth of driving to work not thinking, "man, i could totally get a DUI on my way in from last night's drinking..." and not having to answer "i think i'm still drunk" when the CFO asks me how i'm doing.

1 comment:

  1. Elizabeth Hasselbeck, I am so proud of you. I feel like I should give up In-N-Out... but I don't wanna steal the spotlight.

    ReplyDelete